6 things you must do when planning a trip
Holidays are coming soon! Trip plans probably confirmed,
now all that’s left to do is wait for that coveted date! In addition to the destination itself, it is worth taking a moment and preparing a travel plan, especially if you are going there by car. We toss
6 tips to keep in mind when planning a trip by car.
6 rzeczy, które trzeba zrobić, planując wyjazd:
1. Check the condition of the vehicle.
Before a long journey, make sure that all car inspections are up to date. Check the condition of the oil and other operating fluids. Test the bulbs – make sure all lights work fine. Don’t forget the wipers! And of course – clear the snow off the car thoroughly. We would like to remind you that you can pay a large fine for not clearing snow from your car (or even license plates!).
2. Plan a route.
We know that there are navigations, google maps, etc., but it is worth being secured in this aspect also analog. It happened more than once that the phone died, the cable stopped charging, the navigation went crazy, and google maps leads through roads that do not exist.
Check and write down the roads you plan to take, taking into account the names of the towns through which your route leads. At most, you will not use it, and if the technology fails, you will be the hero of the trip!
3. Pack your luggage properly.
It is important that no objects (especially heavy luggage!) are not loosely flying around the car. In the moment of collision, even an innocent-looking water bottle turns into a projectile and can be extremely dangerous!
4. In the car, follow a few important rules:
• always wear a seat belt
• do not get behind the wheel after alcohol or other drugs
• obey the rules of the road. These built-up speed limits really aren’t there for no reason.
5. A safe and comfortable child seat is essential.
Comfort and convenience are important especially on a longer route. Comfort
and comfort, also translate into travel safety. Check that the car seats are properly installed and comfortable. Make sure that the child takes the correct position when riding: her legs are properly supported and the belts are correctly positioned in relation to the body. There are several available accessories that you can equip your child seats with to significantly improve comfort and safety. What accessories are worth considering:
• footrests for car seats – “dangling” legs most often mean numbness of the legs and kicking in the front seat. By adjusting the appropriate height of the supports for the child’s legs, you provide him with a proper and comfortable sitting position in the seat.
• anti-sweat seat insert – supports comfort thanks to the fact that it is soft, and the specially designed foam ensures that the child has adequate ventilation of the seat and sweat less
We know that even on the way to vacation we are usually short of time, and every minute of break only extends the already long route. When planning it, take into account stops. Breaks for a short rest should be taken every 2 hours.
Remember, the most important thing is that the number of trips always = the number of returns!